Friday, March 02, 2007

TOO LONG....

V on the floor resting after playing....

V in her stroller not at all that interested in the Edmonton Oiler's practice going on in the background. My dear friend Jo, was kind enough to babysit V while I was preparing for the interview.

I have got in touch with a Finnish freelance Sports reporter who was looking for a Swedish speaking someone to interview Swedish NHL-players when in T.O. I promised him to be that someone if he ever gets a job for any Swedish Network, and a couple of weeks after we first talked he asked if I could do an interview with Patrick Thoresen for the Norwegian TV. Soooo, Saturday Feb 17, I kicked off my new career as a Sports reporter! It was so much fun and I sure hope I get another opportunity doing this. It would be so cool to get to meet Forsberg, Zäta, Henke or any other Swedish NHL-player. And also.....Ladies; I got to go into the Edmonton Oiler's locker room after their practice. Let me put it this way - hockey guys are pretty well equipped...everywhere!;-)


Feb 16 - Floor ball Demonstration at Ali's (my GWB teammate) school up in Maple, Vaughn, North of Toronto. Floor ball is still a quite unknown sport here in Canada and the students listened carefully to what Juha (who is the Floor ball Godfather in Canada) and Alie had to say about the sport. After some talking they all got to try to play.... it seemed like they all loved it!


Friends, Family.... Once again I appologize for keeping you all waiting for so long for any news from Toronto. A lot has happened in the last couple of weeks - Floorball Demo, Reporter debut and visit from Sweden, so there was simply no time to sit by the computer. Blogging and mailing at nighttime is totally out of the question as I'm dead by 9 pm....keep falling asleep in the sofa when trying to watch some TV after V has gone to bed. But I promise you all... I'll try to improve and not letting it slip away like this again!

No comments: