Friday, March 09, 2007

BOOK TIP


Book tip of the day!
I just read the best book!, " Män som hatar kvinnor" (Men who hate women) by Stieg Larsson. It was sooooo good, I could hardly stop reading. I took every opportunity when V was sleeping, eating and playing to read - I just couldn't stop myself. It totally got me from the very first scentence.
"On Sept 22, 1966, 16 year old Harriet Vagner vanishes without a trace. Almost 40 years later the journalist, Mikael Blomkvist, gets an unusual assignment. He's contacted by the business man, Henrik Vagner, who wants him to write the Vagner family's history. But the Family Chronical is only a cover for the real assignment; to find out what really happened to Harriet. Mikael, who just got indicted and convicted for defamation, feels that he needs a break from his job at the Millennium Magazine and takes on the task. He gets help from the younge, peculiar computer hacker Lisbeth Salander. Together the odd couple start digging in the Vagner family's past and they meet a darker and more bloody history than what they ever would have imagined...."
I suppose most of the population of Sweden already have read the book, but since I'm over here, I just heard of it, scanning through the 10-top Paperback list! Apparantly the 2nd book "Flickan som lekte med elden" (The girl who played with fire), in this planned triology, was released in June 2006, and that is a given present for my upcoming birthday (right Carro?) in April. Just can't wait to get started reading it!

No comments: